This month we are posting questions job seekers may want to ask during an interview… here are even more questions! Keep in mind, you should not ask ALL of these questions during an interview, rather this is just a sampling of some potential questions you may want to ask:
1. Could you describe to me your typical management style and the type of employee who works well with you?
2. How would you describe the experience of working here?
3. If I were to be employed here, what one piece of wisdom would you want me to incorporate into my work life?
4. What have I yet to learn about this company and opportunity that I still need to know?
5. Can you please tell me about the people who will look to me for supervision?
6. Why did the person who previously held this job leave?
7. Before I leave, is there anything else you need to know concerning my ability to do this job?
8. In your opinion, what is the most important contribution that this company expects from its employees?
9. What are my prospects for advancement? If I do a good job, what is a logical next step?
10. Assuming I was hired and performed well for a period of time, what additional opportunities might this job lead to?
11. I know that for the position for which I am interviewing, the company decided to recruit from outside the organization. How do you decide between recruiting from within and going outside?
12. What advice would you give to someone in my position?
13. What major problems are we facing right now in this department or position?
14. Can you give me a formal, written description of the position? I’m interested in reviewing in detail the major activities involved and what results are expected.
15. Can you please tell me a little bit about the people with whom I’ll be working most closely?
16. What do you consider to be the organization’s strengths and weaknesses?
17. Can you tell me more about my day-to-day responsibilities?
18. How soon are you looking to fill this position?
19. How do my skills compare with those of the other candidates you have interviewed?
20. I have really enjoyed meeting with you and your team, and I am very interested in the opportunity. I feel my skills and experience would be a good match for this position. What is the next step in your interview process?
Did you miss the post with the previous interview questions? If so, you can read them here.
The last set of sample questions will appear on our blog next week!
Note: This blog post only touches on certain aspects of this topic and is not a comprehensive list. This blog post is an educational and informational resource for job seekers and is not a substitute for working with a resume writer or other professional. See our Terms and Conditions for additional information.