LinkedIn is quickly becoming one of the most utilized social media tool for job searching and networking. Do you know how to fully utilize LinkedIn to help further your career?
To make the most of your LinkedIn® profile, Schofield Strategies recommends these five tips:
1. Searches on LinkedIn® return listings that display only photos, names, and headlines, making it incredibly important to have a good headline and a professional picture for recruiters to see.
2. Ask your connections for Endorsements! It is simple way to increase your credibility on LinkedIn® with a click of a button! Endorsements simply mean that one of your connections believes you have a certain skill. There is no limit to the amount of endorsements someone can make for you. Endorse skills for your connections as well.
3. Customize your URL so it’s easy to add to your email signature block or personal business card!
4. Ensure you continue to update your LinkedIn® profile based on new jobs, additional skills acquired, and further connections made, etc. so that you ensure hiring managers are always viewing the latest your personal brand has to offer.
5. ALWAYS draft a short, personalized note in the message when you are trying to make a new connection. DO NOT use the stock LinkedIn® message when reaching out to your contacts. A personalized note is more memorable.
Note: This blog post only touches on certain aspects of this topic and is not a comprehensive list. This blog post is an educational and informational resource for job seekers and is not a substitute for working with a resume writer or other professional. See our Terms and Conditions for additional information.
Comments are closed.