This month on our blog, we are featuring a series on job seekers asking questions during their interview. Below is part 1! Keep in mind, you should not ask ALL of these questions during an interview, rather this is just a sampling of some potential questions you may want to ask:
1. How long has this position been open?
2. Is this a new position? If so, why was it created? If not, why did the person who held this position leave the position?
3. What specific results would be expected from me in the first 90 days or so?
4. Are there opportunities for advancement available?
5. Why did you join the company? How long ago was that?
6. What do you love the most about working here?
7. What is one thing you wish you knew about before you started working here?
8. What type of training is required and how long is it? What type of training is available?
9. What would my first assignment be?
10. What are the skills and attributes most needed to get ahead here?
11. How regularly do performance evaluations occur?
12. Do you have a job description available for this position?
13. Are there any expansion plans for the company?
14. What are the opportunities for on-the-job training and further education?
15. Do you have a tuition assistance or book reimbursement program?
16. Do you have any concerns about my ability to do the job and fit in?
17. How do I compare with the other candidates you have interviewed?
18. Can you give me any feedback that would make me more attractive to the company in the future or that I could benefit from next time?
19. What are the success factors that will tell you if the decision to bring me on board was the right one?
20. Is there anything else you need from me to have a complete picture of my qualifications?
Be on the look out for part 2 of this series with even more questions you can ask next week!
Note: This blog post only touches on certain aspects of this topic and is not a comprehensive list. This blog post is an educational and informational resource for job seekers and is not a substitute for working with a resume writer or other professional. See our Terms and Conditions for additional information.